Anesthesia Administrative Rules (ARSD 20:43:09)11/30/2021
The revised anesthesia administrative rules (ARSD 20:43:09) were passed by the Board and the Interim Rules Review Committee. These rules are available on the Legislative Research Council’s website.
The courses listed below have been approved for a Host Permit. A Host Permit Application can be found in the Application Overview section of our website.
The Board would like to thank the ACC, stakeholders and licensees for participating in this rule promulgation process.
Host Permit Courses:
This is an online course with nine modules that must be completed. Verification of completion must be submitted with a host permit application.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Module 2: Continuum of Sedation
- Module 3: Pre-Procedure Patient Evaluation and Preparation
- Module 4: Rescue
- Module 5: Respiratory Complications
- Module 6: Patient Safety Monitoring
- Module 7: Airway Assessment and Management
- Module 8: Sedation Pharmacology
- Module 9: Recovery
The six individual online courses listed below must be completed and verification of each course must be submitted with a host permit application. Other courses are available in the ADSA On Demand catalog, so please be sure to complete the specific courses listed below.
- Anesthetic Drugs (1 hour)
- Common Airway Complications (1 hour)
- Identifying Roles in an Anesthetic Emergency (1 hour)
- Emergencies Scenarios: An Interactive Experience (1.5 hours)
- Intraoperative + Postoperative Patient assessment (1.5 hours)
- Preoperative Assessment (1.5 hours)